President Obama has appointed three LGBT people to prominent positions in the administration and judiciary in the US. Jeffrey Levi has been given a post in health promotion and prevention, carrying on the important work he started in the 80s around AIDS education. J. Paul Oatken will be the third openly gay federal court judge, if his nomination is confirmed. Finally, Roberta Achtenberg, who was the first out gay appointee in US government history back in the days of Clinton, will sit on the Commission on Human Rights, giving LGBT people a much needed voice. [Huffington Post].
- Was great to be at the #londonalternativemarket the other week. Everyone looked amazing. Great to catch up :) 1 week ago
- RT @KimClubRUB: Closing Down Party! Come @say goodbye? It's at The Alice - which is HUGE! @Tix: fatsoma.com/club-rub/r9dqp… https://t.co/gCPhGY… 1 week ago
- Check meow-t! The pet play social munch is tonight @coffeecakekiss from 7pm! Come early to bake puppy treats! 1 week ago
- RT @woteverworld: LGBTQ+ History Month is over?! Long Live our Queer Heritage! nationaltrust.org.uk/queer-city-lon… fb.me/8CaBS7Ntp 2 weeks ago
- RT @coffeecakekiss: Last man standing... The 3rd Annual #KickstartKisses #CCK2Kickstarter Social about to wrap up. Thank you all for a fabu… 3 weeks ago
- Tomorrow, 7pm! #CCK2Kickstarter Social @coffeecakekiss! twitter.com/coffeecakekiss… 4 weeks ago
Where else to find us
All comments are subject to moderation; please be patient when waiting for your comment to appear. We reserve the right to delete and edit comments as we deem appropriate.
Hateful speech, harassment, sharing of private information, trolling, spamming and threats will not be tolerated - CCK is a safe space, and we ask that you show respect towards your fellow commenters at all times.